Had a great week last week...very productive! Then Sheila and I left Saturday morning to head to Paris. We made a stop at Barnes and Noble on Sundance Square and then looked for a good place to eat lunch. We found an interesting place called "The Corner Bakery" and decided to give it a try...BEST sandwiches I've ever eaten! Then back on I30 and heading east. That drive is usually soooo long and tiring, but I really enjoyed the time with my girl! We had us a good long visit. We made it to Stephen & Mandy's house around 4, and then left again at 5 to pick up Stephen's "little brother" and his little brother, Christian and Damion. We went to eat supper and then headed over to the Paris Community Theatre. Mandy gave the four of us a tour of the theatre while Stephen was getting dressed for his performance. The play was so fun! Stephen did a good job as narrator/villain!
We had services Sunday morning in Stephen's office...the 4 of us plus the McLemores. Then Sheila and I had to hit the road. Stephen and Mandy had been given a kitten that they couldn't keep...their Lily did NOT like the competition! I needed to get the kitten home and acclimated before going to evening services at Highway. The first 30 minutes, the kitten (who I'm calling Sherlock) cried the whole time! Finally I asked Sheila to drive, so I could take him out of his carrier and hold him in my lap. He did fine the rest of the way home. He definitely likes attention! As soon as I put him in the backyard, the neighbor dogs barked and Sherlock disappeared. We finally found him hiding under the shed. So that has turned out to be his "safe" place. (We are surrounded by neighbor's dogs, so the poor little thing will have to get used to dogs barking!) He made it through the night just fine. I'm hoping he is smart enough to survive around here. My last kitten didn't make it through the first week. :(
I heard from Jessica this morning that her mom's surgery went fine and she should be getting out of the hospital in the morning. I know they are relieved!
Well I need to get my mowing done before it gets too hot. I hope everyone has a great week!
Ho 2:18 And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.
No comments:
Post a Comment