I'm so excited that I had to share my good news. As of this morning I am a Court Appointed Special Advocate for children (CASA). After 30 hours of training plus several hours of courtroom observation, I was officially sworn in by our district judge. I'm hoping to receive my first case (actually it will probably be a co-case for the first one, for a little additional support!) in the next few weeks. I'm nervous about the responsibilities I'll have as well as the emotional struggles that it is bound to bring, but I'm really excited about taking on this role as an advocate for abused or neglected children. I pray that God will give me the wisdom and strength to faithfully perform my duties and provide good and well-founded recommendations for the judge!
Ps 119:66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments.
Pr 24:23 These things also belong to the wise. It is not good to have respect of persons in judgment.
Joh 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
Ps 72:4 He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.

No comments:
Post a Comment