Tomorrow is Josh and Brittney's wedding...then the camp meeting starts the next day. Gonna be a busy weekend. The girls and I plan to leave this afternoon when they get off work and head to Clarksville. All of the girls will be staying at Keith and Lesa's (hope they have adequate restroom facilities!). Terry and Gena have graciously opened their home to me for ttonight. Looking forward to spending some time with them. Also looking forward to the wedding...I know it will be sweet and lovely...just like Brittney!
Dennis will be heading to Amarillo tomorrow evening when he gets off work. He is scheduled to speak Sunday evening. I hate that I won't be able to be there for his lesson (although I'm sure I'll get a "repeat performance" sometime in the near future). Chris and I will be leaving Sunday afternoon to head that way, after meeting with the Booneville congregation. Dennis and I plan to be at the CM until Wednesday. He is then hoping to make a quick trip to Benton to see his mom during the latter part of the week. Not sure if I'll be able to make that or not. I have my first court report due on the 9th, so I'll be working on that until I get it right.
Speaking of my court report, I am working a case! I was sworn in on Thursday, June 14. Monday morning, the 18th, my program director called and told me she had a case for me. My heart did somersaults...I was so nervous! It was a current case that another CASA had been working and had to leave, so most of the work has already been done. It is also an "easy" case with a very positive outcome. But, timewise, it left me left than a month to get all of my research done and contacts made before having to do my first court report. So I have been scrambling! But I've really enjoyed it. I've touched base with all of my contacts for this reporting period and have all the info I need to make my recommendations to the judge. Now I just have to get it all on paper in the proper format! (Court reports are the BIG stressor in CASA, if you hadn't noticed.)
Well, time to get busy with my day. Hope all of you have a wonderful 4th of July, and I hope to see some of you either at the wedding or the CM!
Ge 33:12 And he said, Let us take our journey, and let us go, and I will go before thee.
No comments:
Post a Comment