Whew! The past week has been quite eventful. The girls and I left Friday when they got off work to head to Clarksville. They had hoped to get off by 4:00, but a computer problem set us back a couple of hours. So it was 1:00 a.m. when they dropped me off at Gena and Terry's. Their warm hospitality made me feel right at home. Some of the guys ended up sleeping there, too (mostly during the day on Saturday), after the "bachelor party" that lasted most of the night. I got to spend a little time with Ricky before he crashed. I really enjoyed the time I had to visit with Terry and Gena's bunch.
Josh and Brittney's wedding was beautiful! Lesa and Sherry did a wonderful job of decorating everything. Josh and Brittney were so happy and everything went off very well. (I can't believe with the line-up of groom's men Josh had that it went off without a prank!) I left with Shelley K. to spend Saturday night. I thoroughly enjoyed the visit with her! I'm so thankful for wonderful Christian friends that are so willing to open their homes to folks...even when self-invited!
After attending services in Booneville Sunday morning, Chris and I headed to Amarillo for the Camp Meeting. My girls thought it would be awkward for us to travel together. We actually had a great visit for the 7 hours on the road! I think I've figured out that it is more fun to travel with someone who you don't spend a lot of time with normally. You have a lot more to say to each other! I think Chris and I know each other a lot better now.
It was good to see everyone in Amarillo! The crowd was pretty small, but it allowed us to have better visits with the ones who were there. We got to spend time with some "new" friends that I'm looking forward to visiting with again. Thanks to the Amarillo congregation for all of their hard work...also to the guys who gave such great lessons!
Sharon A. had mentioned to Dennis and I that if we ever wanted to take a scenic route home that she knew a great one that would take us through Palo Duro Canyon. When we left Amarillo Wednesday morn, we weren't in any hurry, so we decided to check it out. Am I glad that we did! It added a little time onto our trip, but the scenery was well worth it.
We made it home around 4:00 yesterday. I had talked to the girls about coming over for a cookout for supper. Leah and Bekah were there for the day, so the four girls came over for hamburgers, french fries and cold watermelon. Yum! A little later we met up at our usual spot to watch the firework display. IT WAS AMAZING!!! I think the finale gets better every year. What a great 4th of July holiday!
Ps 104:24 O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.
Glad you enjoyed the drive through the canyon. I love it, as it was our home at one time.
ReplyDelete