Monday, July 30, 2012

Busy Weekend

Jessica went to Arkansas over the weekend, so it was just Sheila over for Friday night supper.  After supper we watched "Mirror, Mirror", a cute adaptation of the Snow White story (the dwarves were a hoot!).  I was feeling pretty bad most of the day...suffering from a bladder and sinus infection.  Thankfully, I felt better Saturday morning.  After mowing and cleaning up, I drove to Arlington to see my new kiddos.  With the 3 hour round trip drive and 1 hour of visitation, that took up most of my day.  It was good to see the baby out of the hospital and doing well!

Saturday evening, Rob and Charlotte and the girls spent the night.  They were on their way to Nacogdoches.  Charlotte's dad, Randy, is having triple bypass surgery this morning.  (Please keep him and the family in your prayers!)  We enjoyed our visit with them, as always.  After attending services at Highway with us and then going out to eat together, they heading on their way.

My sinuses were acting up pretty badly all day yesterday, so when we got home from the restaurant I napped the rest of the afternoon.  After a hefty dose of meds, I made it to the evening assembly.  We were pretty short in number last night.  We had a lot of people out traveling and all of our morning guests were gone.  Daddy and Bobbie showed up unexpectedly, so that helped out!  We are really blessed, tho.  Even with more than half of our guys gone, we still had plenty to carry on the assembly.  (Plus we had 22 in attendance, which is more than some congregations have on a normal day!)

A day full of laundry awaits me, so I'd better get busy.  Try to stay out of the heat this week!

From James' wonderful lesson yesterday:  Col 4:6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

No comments:

Post a Comment