Friday, July 13, 2012

New "job" and a funeral

Update on Debbie:  I told how she decided to quit her job in Granbury and try to relocate here in MW.  She started her new job Monday, working for Solaris Hospice.  She will be working Mon. - Fri., having better benefits and making more money than in her previous position.  I'm so happy for everything working out so well for them.  Until she is able to sell her house, she will be living with Anita.  I'm keeping her son, Caidem, while she works.  Talk about a life adjustment!  I haven't been responsible for caring for a child in MANY years.  I'm having to learn to readjust my daily routine and find activities to keep a 9 year old boy busy!  I see many hours spent playing Parcheesi and going to to library in store for the summer.
Our dear sister, Joyce Phillips Williams, passed away Saturday night.  She was one of the reasons we decided to move to the Highway congregation.  She was such a loving, hospitable woman...making everyone feel so appreciated.  Her health had started declining by the time we moved here and she has suffered from Alzheimers for a number of years.  It has been a long time since she has been able to attend the assemblies.  Such a sweet spirit that was an inspiration to all who knew her!  Her funeral was yesterday morn, and then we served dinner to the family.  It was the first time Caidem had ever been to a funeral.  The Highway congregation + a few others did the singing and he sat with us and was a perfect little gentleman.  I know it was a long, boring day for him, but he held up really well.

Sheila was "sworn in" with CASA last Thursday and already has a case.  Her's is a brand new case, so she will be getting a lot more experience than I have so far.  My case is drawing near to an end, but it has been good experience and a good way to ease into the job.  I have submitted my first court report which went well.  I will make my first court appearance next week.

Hoping that your summer is going well!

Ro 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment