Monday, July 23, 2012
Good news and randomness
Caidem and I are slowly getting to know each other better and getting into a routine. I talked to Anita yesterday and she agreed to keep him every Wednesday. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are Debbie's long days (she has him here at 6:30), so that will allow him to sleep in one of those days. It will also give me a day to take care of things that I couldn't do otherwise (doctor appts, CASA visits, mowing, etc.). I think it will work out good all around.
Well, Dennis had offered to take me to Pappadeux for my birthday last week. However, I guess a virus was going around and it found me that day. I just wasn't up to a 2 hour roundtrip to eat food that would probably not have settled well on my stomach. So I took a rain check and we ate at a local Italian restaurant (cause you can never go wrong with pasta!). Turns out Sheila had the same thing the same day and Dennis and Jessica had it the next day. But I truly enjoyed all the cards and wishes I received from friends and family. I am very blessed!
Heather P. came down Friday to spend a week with the girls. They were all over Friday night for supper. I sure enjoyed getting to spend some time with the three of them! Most of the time when Heather is here, it is for a meeting when there are a LOT of people around. I think this was the first time I had to just have Heather here. She is such a sweet girl, and I hope to have many other opportunities to visit with her.
The guys had their study/business meeting Sunday between services. They always carry sack lunches when they do that and spend the entire afternoon together. So I like to use the opportunity to have my ladies over for our study group. Josephine was feeling poorly, but Heather stepped in to "take her place" (as if ANYONE could take Josephine's place!). It was a really good study/discussion! I'm excited that now that Debbie is living here, we will be able to start back on a weekly schedule. I really treasure our time together!
I awakened this morning to some wonderful news! Ricky's girlfriend, Angie, was immersed into Christ last night! I'm so happy for her. I haven't had opportunity to really get to know her (only met her at Josh and Brittney's wedding), but she seems like such a sweet, good-hearted person. I look forward to spending more time with her in the near future.
The weather has really been HOT lately, with high humidity. It sure makes it difficult to try to do anything out of doors. I really feel sorry for all the people who have to work out in it. I know it takes a hard tole on Dennis! Hoping for more moderate temperatures and the occasional rainy day!
SAVE THE DATE: We are planning a meeting at Highway for Sept. 28-30. Mark your calendars and we hope that many of you can make it down at that time!
Well, that is about it for my ramblings today. Hope this week finds each of you well!
Ps 119:63 I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts. 64 The earth, O LORD, is full of thy mercy: teach me thy statutes.
Labels:
baptism,
meetings,
special time with friends/family,
update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment