Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I'm in love!

I got a call from my CASA supervisor yesterday morning, asking if I was willing to take on another case.  (I still have a case, but it is in "monitoring mode".)  I accepted and went today to "meet" one of the kiddos involved.  He is an infant in the hospital.  I arrived at the perfect time!  The nurses were just finishing up some tests, for which they had him fasting.  So it was time to eat, and I was allowed to feed the little guy.  I spent the next hour holding, feeding, burping, cuddling and talking to this sweet baby.  His doctor also came in during that time, so I was able to get "the rundown" on his condition and prognosis.  I alternated between sadness at what this adorable little guy has suffered and extreme anger at the parents who did this to him.  I longed to bundle him up and bring him home with me, so I could shower him with the love and attention he needs!  According to his doctor and all the nurses, EVERYONE who has had contact with him since he arrived at the hospital feels the same way.  I had to fight tears as I left his room to head home.  I look forward to spending MUCH more time with this little fighter.  I will be his advocate as long as he remains "in the system". 

1Th 2:7  But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children:

No comments:

Post a Comment