Well, my nest is empty…again. Ricky moved into his new residence last night. Sure is going to be weird. I am used to either seeing him every day…or
every few months (when he lived in Ark.).
Having him living in the same town but only seeing him once or twice a
week will take some getting used to! He
started working a second job last week.
With him working day and night, we probably won’t see a lot of him. I have to admit that this time (the third); I’m
actually feeling pretty good about having the house to ourselves. We are just 15 months from retirement, Lord
willing, so it is about time to have all of our “little nestlings” out on their
own. Guess I’ll spend today getting the “guest
room” cleaned and organized.
I was pleasantly surprised last week by a short visit from
Ken and Kelli! Ricky was home between
jobs when we heard a knock at the door.
I don’t get in a hurry to answer the door, since it is usually just
solicitors. When I finally arrived, Ken
was standing there! Unfortunately, Ricky
could only visit a few minutes before having to head off to work again. I enjoyed having some time to catch up with
them though.
I heard last night that Donna Rue went home from the
hospital. Poor thing was sure relieved
to finally leave that place…she ended up staying 12 days. She has a long, difficult road ahead of
her. I’m not sure when she will be
starting her chemo. She and Diane will
continue to need our prayers for a good long time.
Dennis just worked an 8 hour day on Saturday. He decided he still had energy enough to do
something that evening, so we (and Sheila) decided to go bowling. First time he had been bowling in about 8-9
years! I have always really enjoyed
bowling, even though I’m not good at it.
I’ve been several times in the last year or so with the kids. It finally paid off Saturday night…I broke
100! (I know for those of you who
actually ARE bowlers, that is pretty pathetic.
But it was the first time in YEARS for me!) I’m thinking about finding out what day the
bowling alley has discount rates and starting to go regularly to practice.
Dennis finally has the day off tomorrow, so we are leaving
when he gets off today for a short trip to Paris. We will actually spend the night on the
road. The kids gave me a gift card for
Marriott hotels for Mother’s Day, so we decided to use it to break up the
drive. We have an appointment with
Stephen first thing in the morning to go over our investments and “fine tune”
our retirement plans. We will also be
picking up the dresser that Sheila got from Grandmother’s things and bringing
it back. (We didn’t have room for it
after the funeral, so Stephen took it to their house for us.) Looking forward to seeing Stephen and Mandy. I got to see Mandy at Leslie’s wedding, but
Stephen was spending the weekend with Rick for his birthday. (It was exciting to see Mandy’s “baby bump!”)
Well, the day is warming up so I’d better get my running
done while I can! Hope you all have a
wonderful week!
Ps 92: It is a good
thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most
High: 2 To shew forth thy lovingkindness
in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night
No comments:
Post a Comment