We enjoyed our trip to Paris last week. I usually DO NOT like to discuss financial
stuff, but it was fun to watch Stephen and Dennis in action. (I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, but Stephen is quite good at his chosen profession. He sure didn't get it from me, tho!) I understood the basics of what they
discussed, but much of it was way over my head.
It was good to see Stephen and Mandy’s house and Stephen’s new office
for the first time. (Yes, it has been a
LONG time since we were last there.)
We had a bit of excitement coming home. We could tell on the trip up that we had a
problem with one of the truck tires. (We
took the truck to bring home some furniture for Sheila.) As we headed west on Wednesday afternoon, it
continued to get worse. We had decided
we needed to stop in Bonham to look things over real well before progressing on
towards home. (Dennis had looked over
the tires in Paris and couldn’t see a problem.)
Well…we didn’t make it! All of a
sudden, BOOM! The truck was going ALL
over the road with Dennis trying to hold on and get control. I thought for sure that we were either going
to roll or run into something.
Thankfully, God was watching over us and we were able to safely maneuver
to the shoulder! The rear tire on the driver’s
side was stripped of tread and had beaten up the fender and scratched the side
of the truck. Dennis changed the tire
and then we motored on home with no further problems. (Sheila’s dresser got bunged up a bit, too,
where the restraining strap dug into it.)
Saturday morning , Layne and Heather threw a
graduation/going away party for Rebecca.
There was a good turnout, lots of goodies, and perfect weather. Later that evening, several groups went to
the Ranger’s game. It would have been
nice if they all could have sat together, but I think all had a good time.
We were all saddened by the passing of Donna Rue last
week. This was such a loss for Diane…
especially so soon after the death of their dad. There was a very good turnout for the
visitation Monday night. It was nice to
see so many dear friends show up to support Diane. Ken did an outstanding job at the funeral
Tuesday morning! Mary F. rode with me,
which made the drive much more pleasant.
We weren’t able to go to the cemetery, as I had an appointment in
Weatherford at noon.
We were blessed with 6” of rain last week! It rained all night on Tuesday, while we were
gone. Then there came a big storm early
Friday morning…lots of thunder and lightning.
I can usually sleep through
storms, but not that one. I love lying
in bed and listening to the rain and thunder though. It is a very peaceful sound to me. Our grass loved it, too!
Guess that’s about all for now. Take care and God bless!
Pr 30:5 Every word of
God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment