Saturday, August 3, 2013

The dog days of summer

Summer is definitely in full swing...temps in the 100's every day!  Having entered into August, at least we know we only have about another month of this before cooler weather starts tiptoeing in.  SO thankful for air conditioning!

Dennis started out the week sick.  Went in to the clinic Monday after work (had to spend 4 hours!) and got a couple of shots for infections in his throat, ears and sinuses.  He didn't have to miss any work, but he felt pretty lousy for a couple of days before the meds started kicking in.  He is pretty much back to normal now.

I had to be in court Tuesday morning for one of my cases.  Then I went to Corsicana on Thursday to visit my newest kiddos in their foster home (the ones that were SUPPOSED to be local!).  That made for a long day...driving for over 4 hours total for a 45 minute visit!  It was good to meet the foster mom and see that the kids were in a good place and were happy.  I only have to make the trip once every 3 months.  I see the kids every couple of weeks at the visit in the CPS office in Weatherford.  My traveling for my teen has come to an end.  She and her siblings are supposed to be moving back to their mom's house at the end of next week, so all my visits with them will be local now.  That will help out!

I met my goal this week of running a mile.  I was able to do it both Monday and Wednesday.  I decided to start training for the 5K on Friday but didn't do very well.  The heat is really making it difficult to run!  I'm wondering if I might have to start getting up before daylight to get it done (which I DO NOT want to do...I am NOT an early riser!).  Right now, it is usually 8:30 or 9:00 before I start my run, and the sun is already beating down.  It is still around 100° when the sun goes down, so running in the evenings isn't an option.  Our first 5K, the Crazy Color Run, is in a month and a half.  It is going to be just for fun (and charity).  The girls and I are getting up a team for that one.  I really want to be in shape for the 5K in October, at Clark Gardens though.  That is the one that I'm going to really try to do well in.  Thankfully, the temperature ought to be quite a bit cooler by then!

I went to see Donna yesterday.  She is really struggling.  The surgery was very difficult and the mass they removed was huge...it was stuck to her colon and bladder.  They still don't know what type of cancer it is yet...waiting on the biopsy results.  Donna has had a few complications since surgery and was feeling pretty rough yesterday.  She is really tired...physically and emotionally.  She will definitely need a lot of prayers and support through this ordeal...as will Diane!

Ricky's 25th birthday was yesterday.  He went to Stephen's on Thursday night.  They and Josh were going to rent a cabin in Oklahoma for the weekend to celebrate.  It is hard to believe that "my baby" is 25 already! 

I hope everyone has a good weekend.  Try to stay cool!

 Isa 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment