Monday, Day 257: It was good to visit with everyone at Henrietta Creek yesterday! I’m afraid that I didn’t get around to spending time with everyone…I was a little preoccupied with Jesse. Most that I did talk to were gracious about it though…allowances are usually granted for doting grandmothers. It was wonderful to spend the day with our special little guy! Even though I know (in my head) that he can’t possibly remember me, he still acts like he’s happy to see me. I believe (in my heart) that there is a definite connection there. I have enough love for him that he can’t help but feel it and respond to it!
I was able to hold him through a lot during the morning assembly. (It has been a LONG time since I wrestled with a baby during a lesson!) He was good, but he was BUSY! I found that if I held him close and softly kissed him on the cheek that he would sit still with a sweet little smile for a few minutes. I gave him LOTS of kisses! Then at one point he returned the favor and gave me big old sloppy baby kisses!
Afterward, we went to Schlotzsky’s for lunch. Toward the end of our meal Stephen decided to see what Jesse would do with a dill pickle wedge. Turns out that he loved it!!! He would suck on it and never grimaced or made any kind of face. Guess there is some Gerrald in him! (Leland and Everett both LOVED dill pickles!)
Jesse was getting pretty tired by time for the 2:00 assembly, but (in typical “Stephen fashion”) he refused to take a nap. So Mandy had to spend most of her time walking or rocking him. (I sure remember those days!) We just had a singing for that service. After it was over, and we spent some more time visiting with the crowd (Jesse and Phill & Jennifer’s youngest were really intrigued with each other!), we all headed over to Daddy and Bobbie’s. This was the first time that they had ever seen Jesse. Jesse loved being able to get down on the floor and “crawl” around. (He still does the military crawl, but he gets where he wants to go!) It was a great day! This family is totally smitten with our little guy!
So after a day of fun with Jesse (and his parents, of course!), I am very thankful for those special baby kisses…and hugs, and smiles, and giggles, etc…..
No comments:
Post a Comment