Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Happy Birthday Jessica!


Wednesday, Day 259:  Today is Jessica’s 27th birthday.  Although I’ve only known her for the past nine or ten years, she is still an integral part of our family.  I remember the first time I met her at a camp meeting.  Sherry McGrew introduced her to me and I told her she needed to meet my daughter, Sheila.  I thought they would probably hit it off.  Boy, did they ever!  Within a year or so of meeting, she was moving down here to live with us.  I don’t know if I’ve ever seen two better friends than she and Sheila have become. 

I thought I was satisfied having one daughter.  (I’ve mentioned before how I’m more of a “guy” person.)  But having these two around is even better.  I love our time together…and especially our trips with Paula every year!  (Just another 12 days until our next one!!!) 

When Dennis and I were planning our family, I always wanted four children.  After being miserable for 9 months of pregnancy with Ricky and then complications after his birth, I decided it was time to quit.  But when Jessica entered our lives, I finally was blessed with that 4th child that I always wanted!

This pic is a few years old, but I still like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment