The past couple of weeks have been pretty intense! We learned of Laura Jean's passing a week ago. Sheila and I started making plans to attend the funeral. Then the night before we left for Arkansas, we found out that Bryan was having his kidney transplant the next morning. Anita had her knee replacement this morning, and Jared P. had to have another tumor removed from his brain this morning, also. So many people hurting right now!
Our trip to Arkansas went well. Sheila got off work at noon, and we headed north. It rained lightly on us pretty much the whole way. We got to Benton just in time for the visitation. Afterwards, we went out to get a bite to eat with Cara and Heather. Cara ended up staying in our motel room with us. I enjoyed having the opportunity to get to know her better. She is a special young lady! The next day was the luncheon and then the funeral. We stayed around visiting as long as we could, but then we had to head on back. It was around 11:30 when we got home.
Another thing that happened last week was I received a new CASA case. I signed the paperwork on Wednesday and immediately headed to FW to visit the (newborn) baby in the hospital. I went through all the rigamarole required to be able to visit and then spent about 45 minutes holding the baby. I went back Saturday and spent about 1 1/2 hours. Sheila said she would like to co-CASA the case, so that she can also go by the hospital after work and hold the baby, too. This sweet, innocent little one needs a LOT of loving and stimulation to get on track and be able to go to the foster home. We got all of the necessary paperwork and arrangements finished today, so she can go by after work (hopefully).
Yesterday, another one of my cases closed with an adoption. I love those hearings best of all! Lots of smiles and hugs and pictures being taken!
I was in court all morning today. I had 2 cases with hearings...which happened to be the last 2 cases on the docket...of 11 total this morning! Judge Moore seemed pretty tired by the time he was through! Dennis is off today, so he changed the oil in his truck and mowed grass while I was out. After lunch we drove over to see how Anita was doing after her surgery. She surprised us with how well she was doing! It seems like the worst of her pain was from a boogered up vein on her hand (from an i.v. or something). She was very alert and in good spirits and feeling better than she has in awhile! Today is bedrest and clear fluids, but tomorrow they will get her up and start therapy first thing. She (tentatively) should be released Friday to go home. She will be on home health for a few weeks and then out patient therapy a few more weeks.
Sunday, we leave for New Orleans for our 8th Annual Mother/Daughter Trip, Lord willing! It has sure crept up on us. We were discussing it Sunday, and Sheila was still thinking it was 2 more weeks. Looking forward to a week of fun and relaxation (and great food!). Then home 2 days and RETIREMENT! WOO-HOO!!!
Y'all stay safe and healthy out there! And keep all of those in your prayers that are hurting (both physically and emotionally).
No comments:
Post a Comment