Well, I lied to y'all. I didn't mean to. I had no intention of taking on another CASA case until after vacation (in October). I wanted to spend my time with Dennis and rest up a bit. Then I got an email this week about SO many new cases coming in! Dennis is spending most of his days outside with the construction crew...supervising. And I'm inside feeling a little lost with only one baby to visit each month (since my other one is too far away!). Soooo, I ask Dennis if he would mind terribly if I took on another case. He said he knew I was going to...was just wondering how long it would take! So, as of today, I have 2 new babies. I go meet them and their grandmother tomorrow. There shouldn't be any hearings on this case while we are on vacation, so I don't see any conflicts with timing. If you can't tell from my writings, I really love this (volunteer) job!
I got my hair cut last Friday. I only get it done about once every year or year and a half. I thought since Sheila and I were going to "the theatre" that I would take the opportunity to get it cut and styled for the event. I tried out a new place (for me) in town and loved my hairdresser! She did a great job! I'm always a little nervous after getting my hair cut, because Dennis NEVER likes it. He prefers my hair being LONG...like down to my waist (which it happened to be before I got it cut). I had about 8 inches cut off, so it is still down to the middle of my back. The stylist asked how I wanted it fixed and I pretty much let her do what she wanted. She told me she would love to do curls in my hair, so we went with that. I walked in the house afterward, and Dennis LOVED it! I will definitely be going back to her in the future!
The ground finely dried up (from MORE rains last week), so the contractor has been here every day this week. They should finish up the forms for the driveway tomorrow, so they can pour on Friday. After they get it poured, it will have to cure for about a week, so no further work will be done until after we get home from the Summer Meeting in Claremore. It is hard to believe it is already time for that! We don't plan to head up until next Thursday, and then stay through the end. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Tomorrow is Sheila's 29th birthday. She is house-sitting in Fort Worth this week, so we plan to meet her for supper tomorrow night. Then we'll celebrate with a cake on Saturday. (Ricky will be home then, too. He is working out of town this week...and many more to come!)
I started on a new project yesterday. I'm making a pieced, tied fleece blanket for Shepherd. I got all of the pieces cut out and arranged yesterday. Now I have to start cutting out the corner pieces and clipping the strips on each edge. It will probably take me awhile to get all of that done! Then comes tying it all together. I should be able to finish by the time Stephen and Mandy bring him home! :)
For our date night last night, we decided to go see a movie at the Hulen Movie Tavern. They do "retro" movies every other Tuesday and Wednesday. This week's "oldie" was "Back to the Future". After the movie, we realized that the first time we saw that movie was 30 years ago, in 1985. Of course, the story line of the movie begins in 1985 and goes back 30 years into the past. I just thought that was pretty cool. After the movie, we dropped by for a quick visit with Bryan (which turned into 45 minutes!), so it was almost midnight before we got home. Pretty late night for Dennis! He had to be up bright and early this morning for when the work crew arrived. I slept in, myself. I was (and am) pretty stove up from my project yesterday. Either fleece is very hard to cut with a rotary cutter, or my rotary cutter is very dull. I had to really work to get all those many pieces cut! Then crawling around on the floor trying to decide how to arrange them has my legs and hips aching. I felt every one of my 56 years and 11 months this morning!
I hope to see some of you next week at the meeting!
No comments:
Post a Comment