Things are moving right along on our construction project. Last week was spent tearing out our patio and pouring the slab for our new office/den. (I'm sure the neighbors LOVED the noise of the jackhammer!) We also got a new door installed that will separate the living room and den. It is a double door that can be opened wide for easy traffic flow when we have a get-together. The guys are supposed to pour the slab for the shop on Wednesday, then start building the den. They should have it in the dry in 2-3 weeks. Dennis and I will finish out the inside: putting up paneling and laying the wood laminate flooring. We should be able to have it finished before leaving on vacation (in less than 2 months now!).
We plan to move all of our office stuff and bookcases into the new room...as well as the piano and gun safe. (It is going to be a large room!) Eventually Dennis plans to build a Murphy bed to put out there for extra sleeping space. The new doors (separating it from the LR) have blinds built into the glass panels for privacy. The (now exterior) windows will be removed and narrow bookshelves built in the spaces left. They will be accessible to the living room and used for housing DVD's, knickknacks and pictures, as well as some of my book collection. Once we get everything transferred into the den, I can start fixing up my guest room. I HOPE we can have it done before our meeting in October.
Last week was also time for my routine exam/tests. So far, everything has come back normal. I'm just waiting on my bone scan results. Guess I'm good for another 50,000 miles!
That's all for now! Hopefully, I'll have some pictures of our new den to share soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment