Friday, July 10, 2015

Special time with loved ones!

Had a wonderful trip to Claremore last week!  We got there just in time for supper on Thursday.  (We were actually about an hour late, but they were good enough to feed us anyway!)  So nice to catch up with dear friends and hear a good gospel sermon from Keith.  Then we got to see three people immersed into Christ!  What a joyful occasion!

The next morning, we watched the volleyball tournament, which was a hoot...especially Team Ligers!

Sorry, but I couldn't resist posting this pic!
 
 
Friday night, Grady gave a very good lesson on observing the Lord's Supper.

Saturday was a fun-filled day, beginning with a "sunrise" singing (which was absolutely incredible, despite the early hour).  Then, out to Craig and Julie's for "the best party ever", as it was described.  There were so many things for the young'uns to do and a great big tent, with a HUGE fan, for us older folks to enjoy sitting under to watch.  Later that evening, a lot of us gathered on the hillside of the university to watch fireworks...and visit some more!

We heard two good lessons on the Lord's Day, with a good dinner and more visiting in between.  Then the sad good-byes and long trip home...  I am so glad that we were able to attend.  It was wonderful to visit with loved ones that I hadn't seen in a long while, plus I was able to make some new friends.  AND I came home with my batteries charged up!

Monday was spent doing laundry and cleaning up.  Then I was up half the night with a stomach bug, so Tuesday was pretty much a bust.  I was feeling enough better by suppertime to go ahead with date night.  We ate supper at Cotton Patch and bumped into Dora there.  She said that Alena is making progress in rehab.  She can communicate, as long as she keeps it to just one word.  She is also able to feed herself using her left hand.  She is working very hard at her rehab!  She is one tough lady!  Even though she is in her late 80's, she has always stayed busy taking care of everyone else.  Learning to have to depend on others is going to be a hard thing for her.  Please continue to keep her in your prayers!

We had a few hours visit with our Jesse boy today!  How I have missed that little guy!  He is growing up so fast.  We had a blast playing together.  He even said Granny!  (Actually it was more like "Ganny", but that's close enough!)   BUT when asked where Granny is, he always points to Dennis!  Ha!  Enjoyed our day together, plus the wonderful supper that Mandy cooked for us!  (I also LOVE their new house!)
Sorry it is a little fuzzy, but it is hard to catch this little guy still enough for a good picture!

Speaking of houses, Sheila and Jessica have a contract on theirs!  Woo-hoo!  I'm happy that they will finally sell their house, but it will be sad to see them move away from Mineral Wells.  Weatherford is not far down the road though!

I finally got Shepherd's blanket finished.  I put the finishing touches on it in the car last night.  My hands and fingers were SO tired and sore...that is a LOT of knot tying!  I can't wait until he gets brought home and gets to use it!

Well, it is late and I'm tired, so it is off to bed for me. 


2 comments:

  1. There are a gazillion knots in that blanket! Very special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, David. I believe it WAS a gazillion! But worth every one!

      Delete