Monday, March 27, 2017

Do I see a light at the end of the tunnel?


Papers, papers, papers!  I feel like I’m drowning in paperwork!  I think I’m finally (hopefully) through sorting through old papers of Daddy’s:  throwing away what is safe to discard, organizing and filing away what needs to be kept, and sacking up what needs to be shredded or burned.  I still haven’t finished going through the sentimental stuff and deciding what to do with it.  Baby steps!

The doctor saw the folks again this morning and had the results of their labs.  There are a few issues that need to be addressed, but for the most part, they are doing ok…for 87-year-olds.  I THINK we finally have all of the necessary paperwork turned in for both of their mail order prescription plans to start working.  That will save a lot of time and miles for both Toni and me!  We’ve been getting calls from Brookdale when they are about to run out of something (at least once a week, each), calling it in, and then running to Weatherford to pick it up and take it by Brookdale. This should save them money, too!  Bobbie goes back to her surgeon on Thursday for her post-op visit.  She seems to be doing really well from the surgery. 

I’ve been sick for about 10 days.  I went to the doctor last Wednesday and got meds for bronchitis and a sinus infection. I’m finally able to sleep through the night (thanks to some really good cough medicine!).  I’m still really tired.  I’m getting better, but I wear out quickly.  My cough is getting much better, too.  Those first few days, my ribs ached liked crazy from coughing so hard and so much!  I didn’t get a whole lot accomplished last week…did what I HAD to and rested most of the time.  I’m glad that I’m better this week.  I have a lot more that I HAVE to do!

Tomorrow, Daddy and I meet with a couple of estate sale planners.  I’m hoping we have a signed contract by the end of the day…and a sale date!  Then I can list the house on the market.  Even though it seems to taking forever to get everything lined out, I think we’ve made pretty good progress in the time we’ve had.  I’m just ready to get it done!  We also have a few more errands to run to take care of Daddy’s business.  I’m trying to get records and access to all of his accounts, so that I can make sure a change of address has been turned in to each of them and take care of whatever else needs to be done. 

We heard a very good lesson from Grady yesterday morning on determining what is important!  Then we all went to Layne and Heather’s for a potluck.  It was nice to see Heather feeling well enough to do something again.  She was pretty worn out by the end of the day, but she DID hold up to it all!  After the second assembly, which was our monthly singing, Sheila came home with us and spent the night.  She had a CASA class to attend this morning here in MW.  Enjoyed having a little extra time with her.  It doesn’t feel like we’ve been able to just “hang out” for a good while.  Too much going on! 

The guys are still mostly working outside:  working on trim and painting.  Dennis did get my storage closet finished over the weekend.  Woo-hoo!  It sure makes a difference in the amount of space I have.  I still don’t have it organized just like I want it, but it is getting there.


Well, it is almost time to start working on supper.  I hope y’all have been enjoying this gorgeous spring weather!  The bluebonnets are amazing around here right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment