Things are steadily improving on the home front. Daddy and Bobbie are getting more comfortable in their new home. A new couple has moved in and the PD arranged for the four of them to eat together, which allowed the folks to "mentor" the "new" couple. She is one smart lady!
We had a work day at the Saginaw house on Saturday and a bunch of guys from the Henrietta Creek church came over. They worked hard loading up scrap metal to take to the salvage yard to sell. We ended up with 2 full trailer loads! We still need to rent a dumpster to load all of the other stuff into this week. Sheila and I worked on the inside of the house and have a LOT of trash bags filled and ready to dispose of as soon as we have the dumpster. I THINK we are pretty much through with the inside of the house. Just waiting until after this weekend, so we can call the estate sale planning folks to come do their thing. We also met with a realtor on Saturday about listing the house, and I was pleased with her assessment. It is good to see everything coming together!
We had a wonderful Lord's Day yesterday. Layne gave an EXCELLENT lesson on not trusting in our possessions...very timely! Then Daddy and Bobbie came home with us for Sunday dinner and visited until time for the afternoon assembly. They decided to go to Eastside, while we headed back to Highway. They've about decided to do Highway on Sunday mornings, Eastside on Sunday afternoons and Henrietta Creek on Wednesday nights. They do like to get around! After the evening assembly, Anita suggested we all go to Rosa's for supper. We used to do that on an almost weekly basis, but it has probably been over a year since we've done it. All I really wanted to do was come home and rest, but we decided to go anyway. I'm really thankful that we did. It was just what I needed to get my week off to a good start!
We were able (through a concentrated group effort!) to get their insurance all changed, and active by March 1. Hallelujah! That was a mad scramble! Daddy's insurance had lapsed (we still don't know how that happened), and their previous Medicare Advantage policies would become inactive with their move out of Tarrant County, so we had to find new plans for both of them. Kathy was great...doing the research and locating a local agent to help us! Now we just need to get them established with a new doctor. We are hoping to accomplish that today.
Besides all that, we were able to get the ceilings and walls textured and painted last week. My laundry room is now functioning again, and I can get into my kitchen to cook again. They still have to finish up the electrical stuff and do trim, but the house is slowly getting back to "normal" (whatever that means!).
This week will be busy with tying up lose ends at the Saginaw house, getting Daddy and Bobbie's medical needs tended to, finishing up the laundry room, dining room and living room (as much as can be done), and ordering floor tiles. Plus I have some CASA stuff that I have to tend to towards the end of the week. Then the Henrietta Creek meeting starts Friday night. Another busy week!




No comments:
Post a Comment