Things continue to be crazy around here! We were finally able to get a dumpster delivered at the Saginaw house and my guys, with help from Mark and Ralph, got the "shed" in the back yard demolished and everything cleaned up. They filled the 30 cu. yd. dumpster up last week, so we had to get it emptied and re-set. They filled it again today! And 90% of what went in them was stuff from outside! The place looks better now than it has in my memory.
We had one estate sale business come out today to look over what is inside the house. It wasn't worth their while to manage the sale, but the owner is trying to find a smaller business that would be willing to take it on. I REALLY hope we can find someone who will do it for us. It is going to be a nightmare if we have to try to get rid of everything ourselves...and I'm afraid we won't be able to make as much off of it either. I'd like to have an idea of when we can expect to have the house emptied before we actually list it with a realtor.
One thing I did manage to get accomplished today was having Daddy give me power of attorney and medical power of attorney. That will definitely make things easier from here on out. Up until now, I've have to have him available for verbally confirming that I could speak for him on each matter that I've had to deal with. He's just not capable of handling much at all in regard to business anymore, and he can't hear well enough to deal with anyone on the phone. I had to reassure him that granting me power of attorney did NOT mean that I could do anything without his consent or go against his wishes. Once he understood that, he was willing to sign.
Stephen and Mandy brought the grandsons to visit us over the weekend. That was just what this old granny needed! We had a blast! They are sure at a fun age right now. Jesse is so smart and well-spoken! It is fun to carry on a conversation with him. Shepherd has made TREMENDOUS progress in the year that he's been here! He is on target in every area of development. We took the boys to visit Daddy and Bobbie on Saturday afternoon. The boys really didn't know what to think of them and didn't really interact with them, but the folks enjoyed watching them play. We sat out in the courtyard, and they were busy finding all kinds of adventures to engage in! The kids left Sunday morning after breakfast, as they were wanting to go to Henrietta Creek to visit with everyone over there. They wanted us to go with them, but Dennis had the afternoon lesson at Highway, and I was feeling too bad to be gone all day. I had awaken on Friday with the beginnings of a pretty bad cold. By Sunday, I was feeling really rough! I plan to go to the doctor in the morning, because it continues to get worse. It is one of those like I used to always get...getting down in my chest and also settling in my sinuses. I'm about ready for some relief!
The folks finally got to see the visiting physician that comes to Brookdale last week. She ran a bunch of tests and will have the results when she returns next Monday. That is really going to make things work a lot more smoothly! No more having to go to FW for doctor visits (except occasionally for a specialist). Dr. Jan is also very practical and has been in geriatrics for 30 years, so she is quite experienced in dealing with old folks.
As most of you know by now, Bobbie fell last Wednesday night and broke her elbow. They were able to get her in to see a good orthopedic doctor here in MW the very next morning and scheduled for surgery the day after. She's doing very well. It wasn't a very bad break, and she isn't having much pain at all with it anymore. Home health comes out 2-3 times a week to check it and change the dressing, as well as help her with her other needs. I would really like to see them realize that they don't need to be driving to Haslet every Wednesday night for mid-week services. With Daddy's driving ability and Bobbie's instability on her feet, they don't need to be out running around after dark anymore. Don't believe we'll be able to convince them of that just yet though.
We haven't really been able to get anything done on the house lately. We got things cleaned up for the kids' visit, but that's all. The guys have been doing some outside work on the den and shop, and also finally finished up the inside of the shop that Dennis has been putting off until a more convenient time. The regular door is now usable! Up until last week, we had to use the roll-up garage door everything we went in or out. That is a HUGE improvement!
Well that's what's been going on around here. I hope things are going a little more smoothly where you are!
No comments:
Post a Comment