You would think, by now, that I would have learned NOT to
make predictions on when I thought a project would be completed! Ha!
Dennis doesn’t work in a predictable manner. Instead of deciding to finish caulking and
painting the dining room (so we could put everything back in it and have it
done), he decided to start on cabinet doors.
Ok…so I’m excited about getting cabinet doors. I’d just really like to see ONE room get
finished! I decided to go ahead and post
a few pictures. The dining room and
entryway are both pretty finished looking.
Of course, the cabinets are very much a work in progress!
![]() |
| Still need to caulk and paint the crown moulding, and finish painting the base cabinets |
![]() |
| The upper cabinet door should be installed by the end of today |
![]() |
| Pretty much done! |
The webinar that Sheila and I watched was very informative…but
VERY long! I’m glad we watched it
together, so we could discuss ideas and break up the monotony. It was about transracial adoption and the
challenges involved. All of the panel,
as well as the facilitator, were adult adoptees from other countries who were
adopted by white Americans. It was
amazing how similar their thoughts and feelings were.
After the webinar, we went to an Ethiopian restaurant that
Sheila likes. It was my first time to try
the cuisine. It isn’t my favorite, but
it was ok. I enjoyed the experience more
than the taste. I do want to go back and
try other things though. We got the lamb
tips and samosas. I did like the samosas! I think next time I’d prefer to go with the
veggie tray. I loved the cabbage and
carrots that came with the lamb tips.
I finally started back walking this week. I haven’t been walking since I had bronchitis
a couple of months ago (seems a lot longer than that). I’m having to go back to just every other
day. My Achilles tendon has been sore
lately, and I don’t want to get it all inflamed again. I do fine while walking, but it is pretty
tender the next day. It does feel good
to get out again though!
I finally got all of the paperwork for Daddy’s cancer
insurance claim turned in. That turned
out to be quite an ordeal! I sure hope
he gets something out of it! I took him
yesterday to the doctor for some hip pain he’s been having. The doctor said his hip is in good shape, and
the pain is from a pinched nerve in his back.
He went for an MRI this morning, we go back to see the doctor for the
results next week. He thinks that
injections in his back may be all that’s needed, if that. It only hurts him when he is on his feet a
lot, and he really isn’t up and around all that much anymore.
Bobbie went back to the wound care doctor yesterday. The pressure sore was infected, and he
thought that her hardware in her elbow was coming out. So she went back to her surgeon this morning,
and sure enough, she’s going to have to go BACK into surgery tomorrow! They will have to remove the hardware and put
some permanent stiches in the tendons to secure and stabilize everything. He is hoping she will still have some
mobility in her elbow. I’m afraid she
will never have good use of that arm again.
Well, the estate sale did NOT go well. Daddy isn’t getting much at all from it, and
the liquidators barely got enough to break even. I feel bad for all of them. We are going tomorrow to pick up a few pieces
of furniture that we didn’t want sold.
Then Saturday is the open house.
I sure hope he gets a good offer.
He has received quite a few cash offers from flippers. They are lowballed though. We would love to find someone who wants a
good deal on a fixer-upper for themselves!
I hope you all have a great weekend and Mother’s Day!



No comments:
Post a Comment