Things are hot and dry around here, with fires popping up on
a regular basis. We have been hanging light blocking shades and curtains up in
our bedrooms to try to help keep things a bit cooler. It is definitely helping
things feel better. Hope it helps with our electric bill! Dennis is also having
to water the grass as often as we are allowed to keep it alive.
Sheila ended up having the first 3 days of this week off, so
we’ve had a little free time…more or less. We spent most of the day, yesterday,
trying to get things lined up for Daddy and Bobbie to get a landline. They have
struggled for years with cellphones, but it was getting harder for them to keep
one in service. We happened to be in Weatherford yesterday morning, buying
shades for Ricky’s room, and I wanted to run by Brookdale to see how Bobbie was
doing. (She wasn’t doing very well at all on Sunday.) I knew that Brookdale was
planning a trip to Walmart that morning, so we drove by there first. We saw the
van and stopped. We found Daddy at the electronics counter buying yet another
new cellphone. I was able to talk him out of getting it, since he just bought
one about a month ago. He claimed it wasn’t working. We discussed the problems
that he’s been having with them and I talked him into getting a landline
instead. When we got back to Brookdale, I was able to get his other cellphone
working (I just turned it on). We told him that we had 2 old phones at our
house that they could have. They are very basic, old-fashioned phones. So we
went to get them, then went by Charter Spectrum to line up the new service, and
then went back to Brookdale to get things set up. The service technician is
there right now, getting things hooked up. I’m hoping that this will make
things a lot easier (and cheaper) for them to communicate effectively with
others. If anyone wants their new phone number, just let me know and I will private
message it to you.
We celebrated Sheila’s birthday last week. We fried up some
perch and catfish for supper. It was SO good! I haven’t had fried perch in
YEARS (maybe decades!). I like it SO much better than catfish! I also made a
Hershey Bar Cake for Sheila. Not much was eaten, though. Everyone was too busy
filling up on fish! I had taken Nam to Walmart on Monday to shop for his momma.
He found a birthday card with a Superman “S” on the front, which he had to get
for her. He also decided to get her candy and found an Avengers gift bag to put
it in. Ha! That kid LOVES super heros!
Sheila and Nam are coming over for the 4th and
spending the night, so we can take him to watch fireworks. MW puts on a great
display every year, thanks to Chicken Express. It is also much easier to deal
with, as far as crowds go, than larger cities. We plan to cook hotdogs for
lunch, make homemade ice cream, and then go for the fireworks show. I’m really
looking forward to seeing how Nam enjoys a couple more “firsts” (making ice
cream and watching fireworks).
I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable 4th of
July!
No comments:
Post a Comment