Monday, February 24, 2020

A great weekend after a rough week

Well, we are convinced that Dad must have had a small stroke last Sunday. He has improved some as the week progressed. He still can't walk, but he has regained a little strength in his legs. They are doing some mild therapy with him to try to help him regain some strength. His speech has improved a lot, and he can feed himself better now. I was having to help him eat for 2-3 days. His mind has also suffered, but he has some days that are better than others. One day, when we were waiting on dinner, he was watching "The Virginian" on the dining room TV. I commented that it was one of Momma's favorite shows. He asked me what my mom's name was. After I told him, he remembered and said her brother's name was Paul (which was his middle name). He would get close to people's names, but couldn't quite get them right. I'm hoping he'll have a better week this week!

I spent most of my time with Dad last week. Saturday, Dennis and I did take the day to run some errands in FW. We both needed new glasses, and our ophthalmologist recommended an optical place over there. They offered one day service, so we spent the afternoon shopping while we waited on our lenses. We looked at bathroom fixtures, so we'd have a better idea of what we needed when we get to the hall bathroom renovation. We plan to buy a whole sink and vanity combo to save time and effort. I think we found one that will suit our needs. We decided to go with a plain tub and shower enclosure, since it is for the guest bath. It will still be a little while before we get to that, but we now know what we need. Dennis plans to start drywalling the living room today. He had cut his finger pretty badly when we were moving the kids and was waiting on it to heal some before handling sheetrock. I'm hoping things go a little more smoothly now that he finished stripping the popcorn ceiling. I'm really looking forward to getting my living room back!

We also went shopping for a new laptop for Dennis. His old one is several years old and no longer gets security updates, so he decided he needed to upgrade. We found a good deal on an HP with a 17" screen. He will enjoy the larger viewing area. Of course, he is having to learn to adjust to Windows 10, after using Windows 7 for so long. He doesn't like that! I'm having the same problem with my new glasses. After wearing the same prescription for (probably 5-7) years, my old eyes are taking their time getting used to new lenses. My vision is great, but my eyes are having a little trouble adjusting.

Ricky and Amber invited us over Friday night for supper. We really enjoyed our visit with them! I loved watching them work together in the kitchen (reminded me of how Sheila and Matt cook so well together). They served us a delicious dinner! Then we sat around and talked for a couple of hours (and spent a little time loving on Copper). It was a wonderful evening! Just what we needed after a difficult week!

I hope that this week goes well for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment