Sunday, February 16, 2020

I spoke too soon!


Just as soon as I wrote that Dad was doing some better, things took a downward turn. Friday, he was very confused. I’m thankful that Dennis was with me that day, as we had a big mess to clean up. We had to completely change all of his clothes and bedding. He had his pants on wrong-side out, and his “briefs” on the outside of his pants. The simplest of actions are getting to be more than he can manage. Then tonight, he was really bad. I don’t know when I’ve seen him so weak. Usually he tries to get up by himself, and either can do it or manage with a little help. Tonight, he wouldn’t even sit forward. We had to help him sit up straight and then lift him to a standing position. When he then tried to walk, he was barely able to do so. I don’t know what’s going on, but he really went downhill fast! The nurse wasn’t at the nurses’ station, so I wasn’t able to talk to her about him, but I plan to go in the morning and try to find out if they’ve noticed him being that poorly when I’m not there. I don’t know if he was just worn out at the end of the day, or if he’d been that way all day. Maybe it was just a bad day.

We got the last of Ricky and Amber’s stuff moved yesterday, with Layne’s help. I think they are really going to love their new place. Copper didn’t like the move itself, but he seemed to settle in once they got him there. He immediately went to the shed and made him a nice little bed. It will be a great place where he can get out of the weather! I can’t wait to see everything after Amber has had time to get everything organized and put up. She had their duplex looking so cute! I can only imagine what she’ll do with this house. She is really good at decorating!

We enjoyed our monthly potluck and guest speaker today. Koh was our speaker. It was a treat to visit with him and his lovely family! Mel and Cindy showed up, too. What a nice surprise! The Fields’ hosted the dinner this month (although Heather wasn’t able to get out of bed). Maddi filled in nicely as the hostess. I think everyone had a great time…I know I did. Then we had our “singing service” and Kyler gave a short lesson. What a great day!

We are meeting Sheila, Matt and Nam tomorrow for lunch. Then Dennis and I are going to entertain Nam, while his folks take care of some business. It has been three weeks since we’ve seen them, so we are really looking forward to it! I really miss that kid! Dennis and I are both excited about having him for the whole week of spring break. We are hoping to do a little camping at the state park. We’ve been wanting to take him ever since he got here, but the opportunity just never presented itself. I sure hope the weather cooperates!

Today is the fourth anniversary of Shepherd’s adoption! In some ways, it is hard to believe we’ve had him that long. In other ways, it feels like we’ve always had him. He has been such a blessing to our family! He is sweet and loving and funny and a very handsome little guy! I can’t imagine our lives without him!

Well, I hope this week treats you all well. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment