Monday, January 16, 2012

Batteries Recharged

We enjoyed another wonderful Lord's Day yesterday.  The weather was absolutely glorious!  We heard two outstanding lessons.  James did an excellent job yesterday morning teaching about Light vs. Darkness, then Layne followed up last night with a great chapter study on Gen. 28.  The singing was wonderful...beautiful melodies with very inspiring messages.  We enjoyed getting to visit shortly with Sarah and DJ, who were visiting.  Then the Rasmussens came over between services and we sang for about an hour.  After evening services Anita, Sherrod, Debbie and Caidem and the two of us went to Rosa's for supper.  As our dear Sister Joyce used to always say, we got our batteries recharged for the week!  (The only down side to the day was the gift left in the churchhouse by a skunk.  Very thankful for olfactory fatigue!)

I didn't get much accomplished last week.  I had been sick since the previous week with a cold turned sinus infection.  I finally went to the doctor Wednesday and got some medicine and was feeling better by the weekend.  I'm hoping to get back into my normal routine this week.

We are enjoying having an extra little holiday today.  Sundays and holidays are about the only time Dennis gets off work anymore.  He had a doctor's appt. this morning, but we hope to get a few things done around the house today while he's off.  He can always use the extra rest, too!

I'll leave you with a couple of verses from one of the passages that Layne read last night:
De 4:39 Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else. 40 Thou shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment