Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A plea for patience

The past month or so have been really difficult...one of the most painful that I can remember.  I want to take a little time to thank those who have "been there" for us and kept us in their prayers.

First, I want to apologize to anyone that I may have seemed "distant" with.  I want to explain why I may seem that way.  I am a crybaby, but I HATE to cry in public.  One sure way to get me to cry is to console me when I am hurting...so I stiffen and back off.  Of course, that tends to teach people NOT to try to console me...which makes me feel like people don't care.  I know, I know...it doesn't make sense, but I'm not the most rational creature when I am in pain.  I have struggled a lot lately with feelings of being alone and overwhelmed, and most of it is my own fault.  I have shut people out and then gotten upset when I was left alone.  I am NOT good at asking for or receiving help!

In spite of myself, there have been those who have reached out and broken through my walls...and I am so very appreciative of their efforts!  To those who have managed to get through, and especially to those who haven't, I earnestly ask for your patience and continued prayers.  I do need you all and hope that I haven't driven any of you away.  "Talking" about this is extremely difficult for me.  I work really hard to stay positive and try to "be there" for others.  Right now, I am struggling to just survive.  So I ask for continued prayers and support, and I apologize for my very poor efforts at receiving them!

1Th 5:14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

No comments:

Post a Comment