Thursday, December 15, 2016

"Baby, It's Cold Outside!"

I thought it was cold last week!  It is supposed to be in the actual teens this weekend, instead of just chill factors in the teens!  I am so very thankful for central heat!

Well, the stress echo test showed that my heart was fine.  However, my blood pressure didn't do so well during the test.  The doctor decided to put me on a diuretic along with my regular BP medicine to see if it would help.  I go back in a couple of weeks to see what he thinks.  Since starting it my BP runs good most of the time.  I even check it as soon as I come in from walking, and it is normal.  (I don't have a monitor to wear to see what it gets to during exercise.)  So, I'm hoping the water pill is doing its job.

My UTI symptoms cleared up after taking the antibiotic for 24 hours.  Today is my last day on them.  Yay! 

Dennis is still having trouble with his back.  He went back to the chiropractor yesterday for another treatment.  It helps, but it doesn't alleviate his pain.  He does ok on muscle relaxers and ibuprofen.  If he doesn't take them, however, he gets worse.  He went through this back in April, too.  It took three weeks for it to get better.  The chiropractor was able to tell him what is causing the problem, so hopefully he can try to avoid doing what aggravates it.

Sheila spent Friday night, so we did our annual watching of "It's a Wonderful Life".  I REALLY love that show!  Then on Saturday, we went shopping for a small freezer for her apartment.  That will really help out when she brings Josiah home.  She can cook on the weekends and freeze meals, so it will be quicker and easier getting supper ready on workdays.  She found a cute little chest freezer that fit just right!

Christmas gifts for our CASA kiddos have been coming in heavily over the past week.  On Monday, Waste Management in Weatherford, donated 90 bicycles!  I was able to get there in time to get a couple for one of my families.  Those kids will be excited!  I've gotten gifts for all but two of my kiddos, so far.  I delivered to one family yesterday and am making another delivery this afternoon.  I am so thankful for all of the generous people in the area who make this possible!

Dennis and I went driving around town Tuesday night to look at Christmas lights.  Those new laser light thingies are pretty popular this year.  They are neat looking, and I know they are much less work, but I still like real lights the best!  We found quite a few nicely decorated neighborhoods.  The real treat was when we got up on the NE hill.  Cliff Drive was almost completely "done up", with one house that was amazing!

This weekend is going to be pretty quiet around here.  This is Sheila and "the girls" weekend for getting together to celebrate.  Last year we went to Henrietta Creek on Sunday, so we could visit with them.  Dennis has to speak here at Highway Sunday morning, so we won't be able to do that this time.  We have a deer to butcher tomorrow, but there is nothing else on our schedule after that.  I may be able to talk Dennis into going to watch the new Star Wars movie with me.  😁  (That is a creepy looking smiley face!)

All next week should be pretty slow around here, too.  Hopefully, Dennis' back will be better so he can get back to working on dining room drawers.  So far, he has finished two of the six.
I'm hoping that while Ricky is off for the holidays that they can get the dining room walls and ceiling done.  We will do our annual shrimp/crab boil on the 24th.  Guess I'll forgo the key lime pie this year.  Boo!  But I am making progress on my diet.  The weight is coming off slowly, but steadily.  I really don't like dieting though (not even when it is called "making lifestyle changes"). 

I hope you all have a wonderful week and enjoy time with family and friends during this holiday season!




No comments:

Post a Comment