Friday, December 9, 2016

Hello, Winter...and miseries.

Brrrr!!!  We might not have had much of a fall, but winter has come in with a blast...of arctic temperatures!  The wind chill was in the teens yesterday.  Both yesterday and today had lows in the 20's.  The cold temperature makes for a perfect day for cooking jerky though.  Helping warm the house by running the oven all day and smelling the wonderful aroma of jerky makes up for it being too cold to do anything else. 

We have been pretty pitiful around here the last few days.  I kind of relapsed with my cold on Monday and Tuesday...felt like I might be getting a sinus infection.  Both guys were gone, so I didn't do much of anything.  I made a pot of chicken fajita soup for lunch on Monday and ate on it for 2-3 days.  Dennis killed a buck and doe on Tuesday, so he headed home Wednesday morning.  He was complaining with his back when he got home.  Ricky got in from a 10 day work run, and he was feeling crummy with sinus stuff.  I started noticing symptoms from another UTI the same day.  All three of us have felt pretty bad since, so we are trying to take things easy.  Dennis went to the chiropractor yesterday morning when he got up, which has helped.  He's still pretty sore though.  I went to see my doctor this morning with my UTI and got some meds, so I should start feeling better soon.  Ricky has just been resting up and staying in out of the cold, so he is feeling some better.
Buck #2 for the season

I've had THREE doctor's appointments in the past three days.  Now I know what it feels like to be old!  I went for my 6 month checkup with my foot doctor on Wednesday.  My doctor is very pleased with my foot progress!  I don't go back for another 6 months.

I went for my stress echo test yesterday afternoon.  I really felt lousy (from my UTI) but I didn't want to postpone it.  It showed that my heart is fine; but my blood pressure, not so good.  The doctor added a water pill to take with my new BP medication dosage to see if it does the trick.  I go back in 3 weeks for a follow up.  (My blood pressure was GREAT at my doctor's appointment this morning!)

I'm hoping that all three of us get to feeling good again by next week!  I've got a full week of CASA appointments.  The angel tree gifts are coming in, so it is time to start delivering them to the kiddos (as well as having court and my regular bi-weekly visit to observe).   I'm hoping Dennis' back will allow him to start working on drawers again.  He has one completed in the dining room...5 more to go!  Plus we'll have 2 more deer to process toward the end of the week.  So let the healing begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment