Time sure has a way of getting away from you sometimes! As most of you know by now, Bobbie ended up having to go to the ER by ambulance last weekend. She was having chest pains, which ended up being brought on by A-fib. They kept her in the hospital a couple of days and started her on medication for it. They though they had it under control and sent her home Sunday afternoon. Monday, her BP and heart rate were TOO low, so Daddy had to take her back to the hospital. They decided she needed a pacemaker and did a temporary one to see how it would do. She had a bad reaction to the meds that they were giving her and was out of her head for over 24 hours. They finally got her settled down and were able to implant the permanent pacemaker yesterday afternoon. She was doing better when we left the hospital last night. She is hoping to go home sometime today. Both of her daughters have been with her all week, which has really helped Daddy! They spend the night with her, so he can go home and rest. I know they are both exhausted though!
The girls had their annual Christmas weekend. Since we weren't going to be able to go to HC to see them on Sunday, Sheila invited us for supper Friday night. Cara, Heather, and Allison all arrived from Arkansas around 6:30 or so. Jessica and Stacey made it a little earlier. We all enjoyed enchiladas and all the fixins as we got caught up with one another. I sure love those girls!
Saturday turned bitterly cold, so we just did stuff around the house, except for going to watch the newest Star Wars movie. (Yes, I loved it!)
When we got to the church house Sunday morning, we found the water frozen. So we just had to do without restrooms that morning. Dennis went early that afternoon and took a hairdryer to thaw it out that afternoon. I didn't feel like going that early (I'm still trying to adjust to my new BP meds), so I just stayed and went to Eastside that afternoon. I always enjoy visiting with my family there!
We did something quite out of the ordinary on Tuesday. On our morning walk, Dennis told me he had been looking for a good, cheap car to buy. Ricky's pickup has "bit the dust", and he needs some good reliable transportation. So we decided that we would find something to buy, so we could sell him our Camry. Dennis found a 2004 Avalon that only had 116,000 miles on it...which is about 50,000 miles LESS than our Camry. It looked in great shape, so we drove to Rockwall that afternoon to look at it. It had obviously spent most of the time in the garage. The interior is pristine! The exterior has some dings, but it is in very good shape overall. The price was excellent, so we bought it and brought it home. I love it! It is a little roomier than the Camry...especially the back seat (where Josiah's carseat will be), and it is MUCH smoother riding and comfortable. I told Dennis it is our "old folk's car". He said it was more of a "transitional" car. Whatever! I think we will really enjoy it...and get spoiled! (It even has dual climate control! YAY!!!)
Looking forward to the weekend with Sheila. We will do our annual Shrimp and Crab Boil on Saturday. I found a yummy looking appetizer recipe for crab and cream cheese rolls that I plan to make to go with it. My mouth is watering already! We aren't exchanging gifts this year. Stephen and Mandy had the idea of just giving what we would have spent on gifts to Sheila to help with her adoption expenses. So we all decided to do that instead. (Of course, we still bought for the grandsons!) It will be a big help to Sheila, and it sure simplified things for the rest of us!
Safe travels to all who will be on the roads this weekend, and may everyone have a very merry Christmas weekend with loved ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment