Still no word on when Josiah will be coming home. This wait is getting more and more difficult. Sheila found a blog of another family who picked up their daughter from Vietnam in March. I read it yesterday, and it helped some. Their daughter has done so well and is already speaking 2-4 word sentences in English, and she is only 4 years old. I daydream about what it will be like when we first meet Josiah and get to take him back to our room. I hope and pray that he will have an easy adjustment and bond quickly with us!
Today we are getting ready for leaving in the morning to go to Clarksville. I've got most of my things packed already...except for last minute things I'll need to throw in tomorrow morning. I'm going to Brookdale this afternoon to get the folks' meds, so I can get them sorted out and ready. We have a walker "reserved" for when we arrive. We don't have room in our car to take theirs with us. I tried to rent a couple in Clarksville, but they don't rent walkers. We may rent a wheelchair for Bobbie, if she thinks she needs one once we get there and see how much walking we'll be needing to do. Tomorrow will be a hard day of traveling for them...and us!
I heard from the dermatologist on Daddy's biopsies this morning. They were both basal cell carcinomas. The one on his arm can just be excised in the office. The one on the side of his nose will have to be removed using Mohs surgery. I have an appointment set up with the surgeon the week after we return from Arkansas. I've heard that surgery can be pretty unpleasant. Prayers would be appreciated that all goes well!
Well, I'm looking forward to a week of spiritual revival and sweet fellowship! I am looking forward to "getting away from it all" for a few days and catching up with old friends, as well as making new ones. I hope to see some of you there!

No comments:
Post a Comment